Top Teas That Help in Digestion
Aug 15, 2023
Top Teas That Help in Digestion
Digestion and digestive disorders are one of the major health concerns of all ages. The digestive disorder can be a symptom of bigger and more serious health issues. Gulping down antacids can provide momentary relief but doesn’t provide any permanent solution. Luckily, we have natural spices, herbs, and botanicals that can help in getting rid of all digestive disorders. Herbal teas are the best and the most convenient way to consume these superfoods and solve all our digestion-related concerns.
There are some specific herbs and spices that help to digest food and have better gut health. For example, the following herbs and spices aid in digestion.
- Ginger: Ginger stimulates the muscles and digestive enzymes to facilitate proper bowel movement and have a clean gut and ensure better digestion.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps to reduce bloating and gas and helps to digest food better.
- Lemon: Lemon stimulates the digestive tract and helps to digest food faster.
- Peppermint: Peppermint helps to ease stomach cramps, reduce flatulence, and relaxes the digestive tract.
- Spices like cumin, fennel, cardamom, and caraway seeds also help to digest food better and promote a healthy gut.
Herbal teas are easy to make and can easily become a part of your daily wellness ritual. If you like to brew your tea in hot water or prefer convenient tea bags, herbal teas are available in both forms. Here are some of the herbal teas that help in digestion:
- Ginger Tea – Ginger contains gingerol that stimulates the digestive tract and ensures a clean gut and facilitates better digestion. It also helps in reducing nausea, stomach cramps, and motion sickness. Better digestion results in better gut healthy and promoting a healthy body and mind.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile has digestive relaxant properties, that help to treat various gastrointestinal disorders. It also helps to reduce nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, indigestion, and fevers. A cup of Chamomile tea post meals can help to digest food better and helps you to relax.
- Tulsi Tea: Holy Basil or commonly known as Tulsi helps in digestion by flushing out toxins from the body. Tulsi controls acid reflux and maintains the Ph balance of the body ensuring better digestion.
- Mint Tea: Mint tea has both spearmint and peppermint leaves boosting digestion. Peppermint relieves an upset stomach. It helps to get rid of problems like irritable bowel syndrome and bloating. It helps digest food and move food quickly from the stomach.
- Lemon Tea: Lemon has dietary fibers that help in slowing down the processing of sugar enhancing the digestive process. Lemon tea after a heavy meal aid in digestion and relaxes the stomach. Lemon also soothes acidity. It helps in reducing acid reflux post meals. It enhances gut health and improves metabolism.
Have a cup of tea after every meal and get rid of any digestive issues. Herbal teas are the best way to digest food, get rid of acidity, regulate bowel movement, clear the gut, and ensure better metabolism. Herbal teas are a tasty, and convenient way to digest your meals. There is a wide range of herbal teas to select from and start your wellness journey. So next time you have a meal, brew a cup of herbal tea and get rid of all the digestive issues with every sip.